Friday, January 22, 2010

Crazy City.

So, the first date of the New Year happened for me on January 2, 2010. Not bad, only 2 days in.

My little nephew Jacob marched over to me and said "Auntie Ali, I would like to go to lunch, just you and me." To which I replied, "Jacob, are you asking me on a date?!?" Bemused, he said "Um, no. I just want you to take me out to lunch all by myself without anyone else!" "Sounds like a date to me," I said, as I winked at him. A few days later, he jumped on my bed, a lot earlier than I would have liked, given I was on vacation. And, in his little hands was this beauty:



Isn’t this super darling!?! My favorite part is the part where our date requires us to go to the mall! This is a guy I could get into... (well, if he wasn't 6 years old and my nephew, that is).

We packed up the car to go on our date. Julie was getting Jacob all buckled into his booster seat. She says to him "have fun on your date" as she winks at me. He rolled his eyes. And, I said "he asked and planned and we're partnered off, looks like this is really a date." Julie then said "Jacob, if this is really a date, you would have to pay, you know. You do have some money in your piggy bank. Do you want me to go get it?" Jacob got all disgruntle, "no way, I am not a grown-up and I do not have to pay. Auntie Ali can you PLEASE buy me lunch and take me to crazy city?!?"

Well, the kid is irresistible, as you can see. So, we spent the day eating chicken strips with curly fries, and then went to Crazy City, where I almost puked on the carnival rides that I had to pay for with my own hard earned money.





It was all worth it. Because, I am not going to lie, this MAY have been one of my best dates ever!

4 comments:

  1. I love that he looks so much like Adam! What a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ali and Jake ---

    What a cute couple you two make. Too bad you're closely related or it might work out! Anyway . . . Jake, you got a great introduction to real dating! The only difference will be that you'll actually have to break into your piggy bank in order to make it happen. And that just to prime the pump ---- you'll be giving it all away for the rest of your life! Don't be discouraged, though. It will all be worth it; just ask your dad!

    Meme

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is adorable! I loved his cute little letter. "stop eating lunch at 1:00." Hahaha! Love it! What a charming boy. He's going to be a heart breaker for sure! You are lucky to have him in your life. So fun :)

    ReplyDelete