Saturday, January 16, 2010

Inaugural Photos

Hi, everyone! My kids are chomping at the bit to have their photos published for all the world to see. Olivia in particular is ready to string me up by my toenails if I don't get on this, so I'm quickly throwing a few recent photos on here to appease her, Chloe, and Ethan. It's true: the inmates are running the asylum.

This first batch shows off Chloe's and Olivia's haircuts, which they got during Christmas vacation. They wanted to show up at school in January with their sleek new bobs to surprise all their friends. Following in their cousin Haley's footsteps, they have been growing their hair for a couple of years to donate to Locks of Love. It took a while, but it was finally long enough to get ten inches chopped off.

So here's a before shot:



And some after shots (doesn't Chloe look like Anna Wintour, with the bangs? she just needs a huge pair of sunglasses):



 

Plus one of all three kids:



In other news, we had our first-ever white Christmas since moving to Texas. It snowed, like REALLY snowed, on December 24. It went on for hours and hours, and not just the piddly little flurries we get every once in a while. It was an actual snowstorm. Unfortunately, I didn't have the foresight to take a picture of this historic event (according to Papa, the font of all trivia, the last white Christmas in Texas was in 1926) until the following afternoon, after much of the snow had melted. So this picture doesn't do it justice, but hey, at least Olivia was still able to eke out a small snowman:



Finally, a few random photos. Here's Olivia with the go-cart she won in the Texas State Reading Bee back in November:

 

And here a couple of shots from our annual Christmas-cookie-decorating marathon with Meme. My kids now hold her to it every Christmas, especially Chloe, who is deeply committed to anything that even remotely resembles a family tradition.

 



That's all for now. I should sleep well tonight now that I have Olivia off my back. Please post your own photos, updates, and/or comments as soon as you can. We're not picky; we'll take anything. We love you!

The Jones Family

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! How cute. The girls look SO SO SO darling! I love it!

    Great first post! Mom was so excited about this blog! And, committed to contribute! Who wants to teach here how?!? I will be there in Feb./March, so I am up for the task if she doesn't pick it up before then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Ali shared your blog address and i am so glad she did! Your kids are so cute. My husband was jealous when he saw the go kart your daughter won for the reading bee. I told him he needs to get working with Jack on his reading!

    ReplyDelete