Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Best Kind of Date.

While I was on a business trip last week I had a few free nights and so I decided to go on some dates.

The best kind of dates. Auntie Dates. I told each of my four (4) nieces and nephews that they could pick one place to eat and one activity. Needless to say, I spend quite a bit of time at Chuck E. Cheese (where a kid AND an adult can be a kid).


Date #1: Ethan
Dinner: McDonalds
Activity: Chuck E. Cheese

E and I decided to hit up McDonald's because they have a wicked playground and a mean sundae. His favorite meal is a happy meal, which made him a happy little man. (He ate 2 nuggets! - Who eats that little!?!) Ethan was a champ! He won a 182 tickets. And, he went on all the rides. (Can we call those quarter things that move about rides?!?). He got some cool prizes, and of course, bought tootsie pops for each of his sisters. Sweet kid! Anyway, I had a lovely evening. Apparently, so did E, because the next night when I went to pick up Livvy, he said that he didn't care what we were doing, he wanted to come!


Date #2: Olivia
Dinner: Chic-Fil-A
Activity: Nail Salon

Livvy is my glamour girl. She loves to do anything that's stylish and girlie. And, I couldn't love that more! She and I got our nails done. She got a lovely flower. I ALMOST got a lovely flower, but not intentionally, I just couldn't understand what I was being asked. I jacked up my pedi right away (but, luckily, Wes is getting me a new one for my birthday! - Whew). Livvy got a peppermint milkshake and loved it. After dinner and the nail salon, we braved the rain and went to the Loft to see if we could find any steals, she helped me find a darling new outfit. I think she's going to have her mother's taste in style!
Date #3: Chloe
Dinner: Chic-Fil-A (These kids LOVE Chic-Fil-A!)
Activity: We TRIED to go to Incredible Pizza, but it had been turned into a buffet or something, so we opted for Chuck E. Cheese.



We ate at Chic-Fil-A, and Chloe decided that she needed to try the peppermint milkshake too. Chloe trumped Ethan's score, and got a 257. We played almost every game in the joint. And, Chloe was a superstar! When she went to buy her prizes a little toddler was crying because he didn't have enough tickets to get the toy he wanted. Chloe bought the toy and spent 60 of her tickets. She's such a sweet little tender hearted sharer. We had a blast!


Date #4: Christian
Dinner: Chic-Fil-A (Christian couldn't stop talking about how he wanted to make Uncle Adam jealous by eating at his favorite restaurant - apparently all the ones in Manhattan are overrated?!?)
Activity: Well....


Christian could not get over how he was eating at Uncle Adam's favorite restaurant. He was also amazed that Adam ate 12 chicken nuggets AND fries AND a chicken sandwich... AND... he got Adam a present (look for it in the mail). Mr. C. kind of got the shaft, we didn't have enough time to go anywhere for an activity, so I took him to CVS (shameful, I know). I told him he could pick out two toys and I'd play with him at home for our activity. He picked out some wax sticks and a glow-n-the-dark something-something. But, he assured me that he would take any additional toys I wanted to buy him, why stop at two? (I also forgot to take many photos... oops).

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this is cute! I didn't even know this was on here! Fun. Ali, what a cute aunt you are! My kids love seeing you (and going on "dates" w/you)!

    ReplyDelete